REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Date: 8th November 2022
CONSULTANT CAPACITY ASSESSMENT STUDY FOR LOCAL ENTREPRENEURS
Procurement Number SLLCA/OPTS/EOI/DSTI/MITGOVLAB/2022/001
The Sierra Leone Local Content Agency (SLLCA) has received funds from the Government of the Republic of Sierra Leone for Capacity Assessment and now invites sealed proposals from eligible Bidders for the EXPRESSION OF INTEREST for the Consultancy Services: to conduct capacity assessment study for all local suppliers registered with Agency. The study intends to gather data on all local suppliers registered with the agency. The assessment will cover four capacity dimensions, namely Business Profile, Financial Capacity, Material/Production Capacity and Human Capacity.
Scope of Work and Deliverables
The Consultant is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Design survey questionnaire and propose suitable methodology for conducting the assessment.
- Recruit and train enumerators for data collection.
- Conduct assessment.
- Analyze the survey data collected.
- Write a sound assessment report in English.
- Do a power point presentation of key findings and recommendations to stakeholders in a validation workshop.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Management of SLLCA for the development and completion of the deliverables highlighted above.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- At least Master’s Degre in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Social Science, Research, or related fields.
Experience & Skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in research, surveys, with strong background in capacity assessment of small businesses.
- Strong background in Business Development Services (BDSs).
- Ability to conduct and transcribe interviews.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to produce quality reports in a timely manner.
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills
Duration of Assignment
The entire assignment is expected to last for 25 working days within two months.
The consultant will report to the Director General (DG) of the Local Content Agency through the Director of Operations (DoP).
Applicants must be willing to submit their price and communicate changes in price or professional fees from time (where applicable).
Expressions of Interest will be reviewed and only those who meet the minimum requirement will be contacted for further pre-qualification.
All applications must be addressed and submitted to the address below not later than 14th December 2022.
The Procurement Unit,
Sierra Leone Local Content Agency,
3rd & 4th Floors, 21 Stewards Street, Off Sanders Street,